The fact that we have to wear masks to do normal everyday activities like, going to the gym, going to the grocery store, or going shopping in a mall is uncomfortable and we can't wait until things are back to normal! In the meantime, we should be caring for our skin under our masks.
Lately, we've been asked frequently by customers about our soap and which one will help clear up their face acne. Acne occurs when your pores are clogged by dirt, oil, makeup, dead skin cells, or bacteria. A consistent skin-care routine can aid in preventing breakouts caused by wearing masks often.
Here are 5 tips to help prevent breakouts caused by wearing masks daily:
1) Wash Your Face - This one goes without saying but we have to reiterate how important this is. Create a gentle face cleansing routine that will clear your pores and moisturize your skin.
2) Wash Your Masks - The fabric collects oil, dirt, and dead skin cells, so be sure to wash them after each use and use fragrance-free hypoallergenic laundry detergent.
3) Avoid Wearing Makeup - Ladies, this might be a difficult one but if you want to prevent pimples, consider not applying makeup to your face when you know you'll be wearing a mask for a long period of time. This causes clogged pores and breakouts. If you absolutely have to wear makeup, look for a foundation that is non-comedogenic. Meaning, it contains ingredients that won't clog your pores.
4) Trash Disposable Masks - Disposable masks are intended for a one-time use. When you wear the same masks from previous days, you're exposing your face to yesterday's dirt, oil, and bacteria. Yuck! Toss them!
5) Stay Home - Yes, this one is simple. Stay home and allow your skin to breathe!